Saturday, August 1, 2015

BWC 2015 in London

On Saturday, August 1st, The10th Brompton World Championship race was held in Central London as part of the Prudential RideLondon Cycling Festival. More than 500 Bromptoneers gathered from all over the world and took a ride on a world famous route with iconic sights such as The Mall, St James’s Park and Horse Guards Parade. My Brompton S2L and I ran the route for the full throttle.
(source: Brompton Official Page)

Place each Brompton at a designated position.

Three, two, one, GO! All in sudden we ran to own bikes, unfolded, and started.


Hundreds of Brompton bikes rushed  on The Mall toward Buckingham Palace at high speed.




What a fun!

All the riders came back to the home straight, The Mall, and continued a ride until the fastest rider completed 17.2 km, eight laps, of the course. After 30 minutes and seven laps – a lap behind the fastest rider – the chequered flag is waved for me, and it’s over.

My record was better than expected.

More pleasure than myself was that my friend visiting from Japan got the third place among the female participants. Congratulation!


On this wonderful summer day, I was luckily able to be a part of BWC2015. It must be one of the best days for my Brompton life to memorize.


Related article:

No comments:

Post a Comment