Sunday, April 10, 2016

Bromptons went to St. Kilda Pier

I joined a group of local Brompton riders in Melbourne to go for a ride. 

[data]
Route: Federation Square - Sandridge Rail Trail - Bayside Trail - St. Kilda Pier (return trip)
Distance: 21.3km



Six Bromptons and one Dahon met up at Fed Square. Dyna and others already started a ride earlier and arrived from Brunswick.  

We started a ride to the bayside trail via Sandridge Rail Trail.

After arriving the seashore, we took east to St. Kilda. A tail wind accelerated our speed to the pier.

Reaching the pier to end up today's ride. 

Finally we arrived at the pier. 

When Dyna proposed to take a photo of Brompton bikes in front of the pier building, I understood that the cult of Brompton bikes had spread globally. What I mean is that Brompton owners love to take a shot of bikes in a row when gathered or visited somewhere. I am quite familiar with this view. Yes, this is what Japanese Bromptonians are doing every another month in the park of Imperial Palace in Tokyo. I am interested in this similarity seen anywhere Bromptons exist in the world.

I really enjoyed the ride and chat with Bromptonians in Melbourne. Dyna, thanks for organising today's ride. Derek, Erwin, Monica, Khoa, thanks for letting me join the group.

1 comment:

  1. My photos use to be of many things - places my partner and I went, interesting things I saw, walks we did... now it's my Brompton, my Brompton being cleaned, my Brompton being fixed, something else, my Brompton with some flowers, Stephen's Brompton, a group of Bromptons, MBC Ride, my Brompton (just because)... I think you get the picture.
    I even have a likeness of my (folded) Brompton on my phone case to remind me of my Brompton for when it's not with me. Devoted? Or obsessive? I'll leave that to you!
    It was lovely to meet you today WB. Looking forward to our next ride together.
    Dayna :)

    ReplyDelete