Sunday, May 8, 2016

Brompton goes to Lilydale Warburton Rail Trail

Yesterday, a sunny day, Brompton and I went out for a long ride toward Warburton situated at about 72 km east of Melbourne. 



[data]
Distance 44.5km (Lilydale to Warburton and strolling around)
Max. difference in elevation 138m
Average % of slope total 0.1% ascent 2.1% descent 2%
Acquired elevation ascent 250m descent 214m

It was just an hour train trip to Lilyndale Station, a gate of the rail trail.

There were a lot of cyclists with their own bikes in the train.


The trail continued with its gravel surface which was good for a nature ride with Brompton. A lot of people enjoyed the trail ride.


There is a lovely carriage cafe on the mid of the trail.





I met some horse riders during my trail ride.

Woori Yallock Station. I took a short break here.


Finally I arrived at Warburton Station.

Autumn foliage in the town has contrasted its yellow with sky blue. 




Lunch time! Let's have fish and chips.

Then strolled around the town. There was a lovely trail just beside Upper Yarra River. Quiet and clean.



I wish to revisit and stay here for a Brompton ride to Lala Falls or up Mt Donna Buang. I might need a pair of stud tyres for Mt Donna Buang though....

No comments:

Post a Comment