Saturday, May 28, 2016

Mt Donna Buang

Brompton and I went to the peak of Mt Donna Buang with an elevation of 1,250 meters above sea level.


[data]
Distance: uphill 17km, downhill 17km
Acquired elevation: 1106 m
Average % of slope: 6.5%


Early in the morning Lilydale Station was covered with thick fog.

The bus brought both Brompton and me from Lilydale to Warburton via Warburton Highway.

Arrived in Warburton bus stop at 9:25 am. The hill climb ride started for more than 1000 meters ascending today.

It looked just after rain. Road surface was wet and water fell down the mountain.

I did not take a rest for the first 45 minutes to acquire about 500 meters of ascending from the inception. When I reached the mid point with an elevation of 700 meters above sea level, I took a first stop.

It was getting cold as I reached 800 meters above sea level.

See. The clouds flew like a stream between Yarra ranges down there.

The last 3 kilo meters to go to the peak.

The slope of more than 10% continued at the last mile. Finally approaching the peak.

From Warburton to the peak, the distance is 17 km, acquired elevation is 1,106 meters and an average % of the slope is 6.7%. Ideal for the training. I am satisfied with today's achievement.

However, from the peak, any view over Melbourne was not expected today due to heavy fog. Temperature was about zero degree to freeze me a lot. I put on an additional warmer wears and a pair of gloves to prepare for a high speed downhill through icy air of the mountain. As winter comes, the peak will soon be covered with white snow.

On the way down to Warburton, suddenly sunshine came out. Another beauty.

What a wonderful view of Yarra Ranges it is! This panorama rewarded a tough ride today.

 Autumn tint embraced me and Brompton on the way back.

When Brompton and I were about to arrive at the Warburton bus stop, rain started again. I immediately took a bus ride to Lilydale, taking advantage of Brompton's portability.

It was a really good hill ride for Brompton today. I will come back with a pair of stud tyres when snow falls in the upper part of Mt Donna Buang.



Related Article:

[Brompton Hill Climb story]

The road to the summit of Mt. Dandenong
Brompton climbs in Victoria
Crossing Yanagisawa Pass to Sakeishi Hot Spring
Three Bromptons reached the Shibu Touge Pass of 2172 meter high
Go to the end of that valley: Kirizumi Hot Spring
Go over the ridge again: Tsuchiyu Pass
Spring has come. Let's go beyond the clouds!
Ubayu Hot Spring - An ultimate onsen

[Mountain trails story]



No comments:

Post a Comment